Faculty postions in India

Dr. Usha Vijayraghavan uvr at mcbl.iisc.ernet.in
Wed Jun 6 23:44:23 EST 2001

The Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology at the Indian
Institute of Science, Bangalore, has available at
least three faculty positions at Assistant Professor level. Our department
is a department with a 60 year history of primarily graduate research
Topics of current interest in the Department are in the area of molecular
biology of infectious organisms, plant molecular biology, developmental
biology, molecular microbiology etc. Generally the philosophy of our
recruitment is to take the best applicant and let them grow without
worrying too much on the exact system of research.

WE WISH TO APPOINT AT LEAST ONE PERSON WORKING IN ANY ASPECT OF PLANT
BIOLOGY TO TAKE THE POSITION GENERATED due to the retirement of our senior
colleagues Prof. G. Lakshmi Sita.  The person appointed will be expected to
create and lead a research group primarily comprising of graduate students.
Facilities for plant tissue culture and molecular biology already exist in
the department.

The other two positions could be in any area of modern cell biology,
microbiology, immunology, molecular genetics, cancer biology, virology
etc. area in which we considerable strength. The
biodata, a short write-up of career objectives and research goals, and
three letters of reference should be sent to
	Rabindranath Nayak, Ph.D.
   	Prof. and Chairman
   	Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology
   	Indian Institute of Science
   	Bangalore 560 012
      	Email : nayak at mcbl.iisc.ernet.in
     	Phone: +91 80 3600167 (Direct line- office)
              91 80 3600411 and +91 80 309 2410 (Off)
            +91 80 309 2703 (Lab)
            +91 80 3602718 (Residence)
     	Fax:   +91-80-3602697, 3600683, 3600085