Histochemical GUS staining of mature leaves

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 8 10:33:45 EST 2001

<x-flowed iso-8859-1>Dear Arabinetters,

We are trying to do GUS staining of mature leaves from greenhouse
grown Arabidopsis. We have tried our protocol on seedlings and the
coloration was uniform but it is not the case for mature leaves.
We think that the problem may be related to the penetration of the
X-Gluc in mature tissues.
Does any of you know of a reliable protocol to stain this kind of material.
I would be very grateful for any information.

A=D4da Azaiez
azaieza at rsvs.ulaval.ca
1232, Pavillon Marchand
Universit=C8 Laval
Qu=C8bec, CA
--
Aida AZAIEZ

1241 Pavillon Marchand        	 	e-mail:azaieza at rsvs.ulaval.ca
Universite Laval			phone: (418) 656 2131 ext 6159
Quebec, Canada   G1K 7P4		Fax: (418) 656-7176

---

</x-flowed>