signalling across the (animal) membrane

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 08:06:56 EST 2001

Dear Netters,

I'm not an expert in animal signal transduction and find it quite tought
to resolve the following questions. If you know a good review covering
the aspects or have your personalized answer, I would be very happy to
receive an answer!

How do the 7 transmembrane (G-protein coupled) receptors signal the
information across the membrane? is there anything known which is more
specific than the rather fuzzy "conformational change"...?

what about the Insulin receptor? usually for the receptor tyrosine
kinases it's said that the dimerization is the trigger - but insulin
receptor is allready dimerized... - so what's the trigger?

Thanx very much for your kind help!
Jens

lohrmann at sun2.ruf.uni-freiburg.de

Jens Lohrmann