NAASC Election Results

Charles S. Gasser csgasser at
Mon Mar 5 13:33:35 EST 2001

<x-flowed>The vote for election of new members of the North American
Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) has been completed.  277 votes
were cast by 142 North American Arabidopsis researchers.

I am pleased to announce the election of Drs. Bonnie Bartel (Rice
University) and Eric Richards (Washington University) as the new
additions to the NAASC.

The composition of the current NAASC is:

Chuck Gasser (term ends 6/01)
Steve Kay (term ends 6/01)
Mary Lou Guerinot (term ends 6/02)
Kathy Barton (term ends 6/02)
Mike Sussman (term ends 6/03)
Peter McCourt (term ends 6/03)
Bonnie Bartel (term ends 6/04)
Eric Richards (term ends 6/04)

Please join me in thanking Bonnie and Eric for agreeing to serve the
Arabidopsis community in this capacity!

Chuck Gasser for the NAASC
Charles S. Gasser, Ph.D.
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology
University of California
1 Shields Ave.
Davis, CA  95616

csgasser at