Genomics Position at Maxygen

Lassner, Mike Mike.Lassner at maxygen.com
Tue Mar 6 06:42:20 EST 2001

Maxygen is currently recruiting a Group Leader for our Agricultural Genomics
Program.  The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. or M.S. in genetics,
plant breeding, or a related field plus 5 years of post-graduate experience,
preferably in a technology leadership position within an industrial setting.
Extensive experience in a high throughput genomics laboratory, either in
marker assisted breeding, genetic mapping, or functional genomics, is
required.  Expertise in high throughput DNA isolation, high throughput
genotyping, laboratory automation, and LIMS is highly desirable.

The Genomics Group, currently located in Davis, California, specializes in
functional genomics of Arabidopsis, rice and other crop species.  The
mission of the group is to exploit Maxygen's Deleteagene(tm) reverse
genetics technology, a system that facilitates the isolation of plants with
deletions in targeted genes.  Maxygen has reduced the technology to practice
in Arabidopsis, and can obtain knockouts in greater than 80% of Arabidopsis
genes.  We have demonstrated the technology works in rice, and plan to
complete a rice deletion population by the end of 2001.  We also plan to
develop deletion populations in crop plants both for functional genomics and
to develop improved germplasm for agriculture.

For additional information, please see our website www.maxygen.com.  Send
resumes and the names of referees to: Maxygen Human Resources, 515 Galveston
Drive, Redwood City, CA 94063 (attention Rose Sturgess) or email to
jobs at maxygen.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer

Dr. Michael Lassner, Ph.D.
Director, Agriculture Research and Development
Maxygen Inc.
515 Galveston Drive
Redwood City, CA 94404
Telephone: 650-298-5451