Research Technician - Plant Molecular Biologist

Scott Baerson sbaerson at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu
Mon Mar 12 18:39:06 EST 2001

PLANT MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST - USDA-ARS NATURAL
PRODUCTS CENTER

The U.S.D.A.-ARS  Natural Products Research Unit, is seeking highly
motivated applicants interested in participating in basic research projects
involving the characterization and genetic engineering of plant secondary
metabolic pathways using both model and crop species. Ideal candidates
will possess experience in vector construction, nucleic acid isolation,
immunoblotting, recombinant library screening, and tissue culture; however
less experienced applicants with strong academic backgrounds are also
encouraged to apply.  Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate
with experience, U.S. citizenship is required for this position.  We offer an
opportunity to work in a dynamic new, state-of-the-art research facility
in a multi-disciplinary effort involving university and government researchers.
The Natural Products Center is located on the University of Mississippi
campus, nestled in the rolling hills of Northern Mississippi in the city of
Oxford. For more information please contact Dr. Scott Baerson by
phone at (662) 915-7965 or e-mail sbaerson at .olemiss.edu. For
additional information about our center please visit our web site at
http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/ncdnp/usda/.  ARS is an equal opportunity
employer.