Arabidopsis and Pesticides

Zhixiang Chen zchen at uidaho.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:49:06 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Hello:
	Arabidopsis is grown in large numbers at the Univ of Idaho
greenhouse facilities.  I have an ongoing problem w/green peach
aphid and am having difficulty finding insecticides that do not injure
foliage or flowers, products with 'minimal' REI.  I currently use
Enstar and Talstar, and a few 24H products (which I would much
prefer to avoid) for reasons we're all familiar with, but would like to
add to this complement.

	If you spray insecticides specifically on Arabidopsis, could
you please share with me what products you use that have no
phytotoxic effect on any stage of Arabidopsis life cycle?

	Beneficials have been attempted, but I find them much more
expensive than chemical alternative and researcher has strong
preference for total/rapid aphid elimination when infestations
develop.

	Thanks

Jerry
Jerry Meyer
Greenhouse Facilities Manager
University of Idaho
Moscow, ID  83844-2339
208-885-6379
Zhixiang Chen
Assistant Professor
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844
Phone: 208-885-4030
FAX: 208-885-6518