embryo nuclear stain

David Holding dholding at ucrac1.ucr.edu
Fri May 11 16:40:29 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Does anyone have a method for staining nuclei of very early (zygote
to globular) Arabidopsis embryos in intact ovules? I have been trying
to combine chloral hydrate clearing with DAPI staining and
conventional fluorescence microscopy, so far without success. Either
the chloral hydrate is preventing nuclear staining or the DAPI is not
penetrating the seed coat. Or can I use a nuclear stain and confocal
microscopy to look at embryo nuclei in whole seeds without clearing?

---

</x-flowed>