invitation to all

Willy Valdivia willy_valdivia at ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri May 25 14:29:59 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Dear members of the group,

We are planning host a seminar on Protein and Multicolor Microarrays. It
can be accessible for you through the Access Grid technology. It is a
videoconferencing system in which more than 30 institutions participate.
Please check this link to know if your institution is listed and let us
know if you are interested in participate.

http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/fl/accessgrid/ag-nodes.htm

Seminar Notice:

On Monday June 11 at 1 p.m. CDT we are presenting Robert Fleming-Jones from
Packard Biochip Technologies.

Seminar Title: "Protein and Multicolor Microarrays".

The seminar will cover microarray basics,(including optics,resolution and
reproducibility), microarray techniques, and
microarray data handling and interpretation.  Issues including DNA, RNA,
protein, tissue and quality control will be covered.
Robert Fleming-Jones has a background in Biochemistry and Biophysics. From
1993 to 1999 he worked at the University of Washington and the Fred
Hutchinson Cancer Research Center with focus on immunology, microbiology
and computational biology. His expertises range from use of molecular
markers to protein crystallography.  This year Robert joined Packard
Bioscience in the microarray technology division.

Edward Deckard PhD
Willy Valdivia
Department of Plant Sciences
North Dakota State University