NEW: Royal Society USA Research Fellowships

Chris Somerville crs at Andrew2.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 1 11:44:16 EST 2001

>From the Executive Secretary of the Royal Society Stephen Cox CVO

I am writing to let you know that the Royal Society is today launching a new
programme for the USA.

The programme will bring across American postdoctoral scientists from the
major universities in the USA to spend up to three years in British
universities, with a view to laying the foundations for long-term links
between research centres in our respective countries.  The Royal Society USA
Research Fellowships will offer stipends on a sliding scale, together with
contributions to travel and research-related expenses.

My purpose in writing to you is to alert you to this new step that the Royal
Society is taking, and to seek your help in giving it prominence amongst
your scientific colleagues.  It is possible that some of them are even now
seeking ways to fund bright American researchers who might be interested in
spending a period in a UK laboratory.

Full details of the programme are available on the Society's international
webpages at http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/funding/fuk/usasum_fr.htm .

For further information or queries please contact
usafellowships at royalsoc.ac.uk or speak to Nick von Behr on +44 (0)20 7451
2552.

Stephen Cox CVO
Executive Secretary