GFP plasmid needed

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Tue Nov 13 16:13:27 EST 2001

Hi all,

I am in need of a plasmid that we can use to put DNA into Arabidopsis
via Agrobacterium.  It would be nice to be able to select for
transformants using basta (since I have used it in the past), and it
would be nice to be able to have GFP expressed somewhere (or everywhere)
in these plants.  My goal is to have non-science majors make transgenic
plants in a 1-credit course on GMOs that I'm teaching next semester.  I
suppose I could construct such a plasmid, but it isn't for research and
I don't have time...  If you can help me out please let me know.  Thanks!

Jon

  Jonathan D. Monroe                 Associate Professor
  Department of Biology, MSC 7801   office: 540-568-6649
  James Madison University             fax: 540-568-3333
  Harrisonburg, VA 22807         email: monroejd at jmu.edu
     http://csm.jmu.edu/biology/monroejd/jmonroe.html