Binary vector dependent unintended misexpression

Anita Fernandez agfernan at students.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 16 19:19:03 EST 2001

I've noticed an odd phenomenon and I was wondering if it is widespread.  I
have made
constructs using binary vectors pCAMBIA1300 or pPZP212 in which various
genes are
expressed from the STM promoter.    Plants carrying such contructs always
express the
transgene ubiquitously, even though the STM promoter is known to have a
shoot apex
specific expression pattern. When I make identical constructs using the
pBIN19 binary
vector, expression is restricted to the SAM.    Has anyone else had
experiences like that
with those vectors?

Anita Fernandez
agfernan at students.wisc.edu