SeqViewer, TAIR's New Genome Sequence and Annotation Viewer

Eva Huala huala at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Oct 8 16:09:08 EST 2001

Dear Arabidopsis researchers,

We are pleased to announce the first version of TAIR's SeqViewer. This new
graphical interface allows users to view and search the whole Arabidopsis
genome with associated annotation down to the nucleotide level. As with
the Map Viewer, each map element is hyperlinked to a detail page from our
database. A detailed help document on what is available and how to
navigate this tool is also available.

SeqViewer:
http://arabidopsis.org/servlets/sv

SeqViewer Help Pages:
http://arabidopsis.org/seqViewer/help/sv_intro.htm

Release Notes:
http://arabidopsis.org/seqViewer/help/sv_rel_01beta.html

Major Features :

    * Whole genome view showing positions of search hits.
    * Searching by sequence match (15-150 nt) or object name.
    * Closeup view zooms down to 10 kb.
    * Gene annotation including exons visible in the closeup view.
    * Gene, clone and marker positions highlighted in the nucleotide
        sequence window.
    * Nucleotide window displays sequence annotated with gene features
        (UTRs, translational start and stop, exons).
    * Forward strand or complement strand can be displayed.
    * Ability to compare annotations on regions of the same chromosome or
        different chromsomes.

Please see our Release Notes for a list of known bugs and
functionalities under development for our next release.

Please note that this is the first version and we are working on improving
functionalities for our next version. Please let us know if you find any
bugs, have suggestions for improvement, or find errors in the data. You
can contact us at:  curator at arabidopsis.org.

Best,

The TAIR Team
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Department of Plant Biology
National Center for Genome Resources

Eva Huala                         	huala at acoma.stanford.edu
The Arabidopsis Information Resource	FAX: (650) 325-6857
Carnegie Institution of Washington	Tel: (650) 325-1521 ext. 310
Department of Plant Biology		URL: http://arabidopsis.org/
260 Panama St.
Stanford, CA 94305