Gus Antibodies?

Stan Vitha vitha at msu.edu
Tue Oct 16 08:05:13 EST 2001

<x-flowed>I used two anti-GUS antibodies (both from Molecular Probes)
in Arabidopsis:

polyclonal (rabbit) anti-GUS: worked great for immunofluorescence
microscopy (dilutions 1:400 to 1:1500) but Western Blots were very
dirty, high background, practically unusable.

monoclonal (mouse) anti-GUS: used for Immunofluorescence only (so far),
worked very well. Did not try Westerns yet.

Hope it helps.

Stan

Sundar's lab wrote:

>  Has anyone had experience of using  commercial Gus antibodies (eg
>  molecular pobes) for immunolocalization?
>
>  Advice appreciated!
>
>  Thanks, Megan Griffith
>  megan at ima.org.sg
>
>  ---