high-temperature tolerant genotypes

Ryan Warner warn0120 at tc.umn.edu
Mon Sep 10 10:28:19 EST 2001

I am using arabidopsis to study mechanisms of high temperature-induced
floral bud abortion, late in floral development. I am interested in the
development of "normal" looking flowers, regardless of whether or not they
are fertile. Has anyone identified genotypes that flower normally under
elevated temperatures (>32-34 C)?  Conversely, genotypes in which floral
development is disrupted at temperatures below 32 C would also be very
useful. I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Ryan

Ryan M. Warner
Dept. of Horticultural Science
University of Minnesota