analyze YFP fusion proteins in plants by western blot

Yulan Cheng yulanc at waksman.rutgers.edu
Mon Apr 22 11:00:22 EST 2002

Dear arab netters,

We have problems detecting YFP fustion proteins by western blot even
when we can see the fluorescence. Does anyone  have successful
experience with the YFP fusion proteins, or the other GFP variant
fusions in western blot analysis? Should I play with the extraction
buffer or the extracting method? Or use a more sensitive antibody? Did
anyone have successful experience with the GFP antibody from BAbCO?

Any suggestions and discussion are welcome!

Thank you!

Yulan