PhD position

Thomas Schmuelling tschmue at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 22 11:54:12 EST 2002

PhD position on plant hormone research in Berlin

Free University of Berlin (Germany), laboratory of Thomas Schmuelling

A doctoral fellowship funded by the German Research Council (DFG)
is immediately available at the Free University of Berlin, Institute
of Biology / Applied Genetics. The successful applicant will work in
a research team studying genetic, molecular and physiological aspects
of cytokinin biology in Arabidopsis. Our research topic covers the
functional investigation of cytokinin metabolism and signaling using
T-DNA tagged mutants, overexpressing transgenic lines, yeast two
hybrid analyses, reporter gene studies and genetic and physiological
investigations of growth and nutrient allocation. Please see our
recent publications for further informations: Werner et al., PNAS 98,
10487-10492, 2001; Schmuelling, Trends Plant Sci. 6, 281-284, 2001;
Frank et al., Plant J. 29, 73-85, 2002, or take a look at our
previous homepage:
http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/genetics/schmuell/schmuelling.htm (new
page is under construction). Candidates should have a diploma or
equivalent in genetics, plant physiology, biochemistry or molecular
biology; experience in the plant sciences is advantageous.
Compensation is according to the German BAT IIa/2 salary.
Applications, including CV, names and addresses of two references,
should be addressed to Prof. Thomas Schmuelling, FU Berlin, Institute
of Biology, Applied Genetics, Albrecht-Thaer-Weg 6, 14195 Berlin or
send by email to tschmue at zedat.fu-berlin.de