Genetic complementation between ecotypes.

Doug Grubb cdgrubb at ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 25 16:23:44 EST 2002

<x-flowed>I have isolated a knockout mutant from the Wisconsin T-DNA insertion
lines.  I would like to complement with a transgene and so designed primers
based on the Columbia sequence.  Is it bad to use DNA from Columbia to
complement the knockout, which is in WS?  My primers haven't worked with WS
as the template, and I'd like to avoid having to sequence the whole region
from the WS ecotype if I can get away with it.

Doug Grubb

---

</x-flowed>