ZIGIA Knock-Out Line Database

dekker dekker at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Thu Jun 27 07:31:02 EST 2002

We are proud to announce a web-interface to search for candidates of
transposon-tagged genes that have been detected so far in our ZIGIA
population (Steiner-Lange et al. Efficient identification of Arabidopsis
knock-out mutants using DNA-arrays of transposon flanking sequences.
Plant Biol. (2001) 3: 391-397).

The interface uses the AGI-codes from MatDB and can be found under:
https://io.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/zigiapublicdb

A brief summary of the current status is:
Lines in population: 10.000
Insertions (autonomous En-transposon): ca. 50.000
Screened genes: 1571
Putative hits: 831

If you can not find your favorite gene, you can contact
genefind at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de to initiate a direct screen. Primary hit rate
for screens: 53% (of which we estimated about 80% to be true => final
efficiency 42%).

Please note that we still need a Material Transfer Agreement.

--
Koen Dekker
ZIGIA - Center for functional genomics in Arabidopsis
dekker at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~zigia