PhD position

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 13:12:06 EST 2002

PhD position on plant hormone research in Berlin

=46ree University of Berlin (Germany), laboratories of Prof. Thomas
Schm=FClling and the Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics, Dept.
Prof. Lehrach, Berlin

A doctoral fellowship funded by the German Research Council (DFG)
is immediately available at the Free University of Berlin, Institute
of Biology / Applied Genetics in a close collaboration with the
Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics, Dept. Prof. Lehrach,
Berlin. The successful applicant will work in a research team
studying genetic, molecular and physiological aspects of cytokinin
biology in Arabidopsis. Our research topic covers in a functional
genomics approach the investigation of cytokinin metabolism and
signaling using high-throughput yeast two hybrid analyses, T-DNA
tagged mutants, overexpressing transgenic lines, reporter gene
studies and physiological investigations of growth and nutrient
allocation. Please see our recent publications for further
informations: Werner et al., PNAS 98, 10487-10492, 2001; Schmulling,
Trends Plant Sci. 6, 281-284, 2001; Frank et al., Plant J. 29, 73-85,
2002, Kersten et al. 48, 133-141, 2002 or take a look at our previous
homepage:
http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/genetics/schmuell/schmuelling.htm (new
page is under construction). Candidates should have a diploma or
equivalent in genetics, plant physiology, biochemistry or molecular
biology; experience in the plant sciences and/or yeast molecular
biology is advantageous. Compensation is according to the German BAT
IIa/2 salary.  Applications, including CV, names and addresses of two
references, should be addressed to Prof. Thomas Schm=FClling, FU
Berlin, Institute of Biology, Applied Genetics, Albrecht-Thaer-Weg 6,
14195 Berlin or send by email to tschmue at zedat.fu-berlin.de