Separating two sequences from a single chromatogram file.

Ji Hoon Ahn jahn at
Sat May 11 04:54:09 EST 2002

Dear Arabidopsis netters,

I am wondering if there is a way(s) to separate two (or more) sequences from
a single chromatogram file. The thing is that my lab has sequenced some
t-dna insertions lines after tail-pcr. We sent the pcr products to a
sequencing facility without gel running or band separation. Therefore, in
some cases, if there are two or more products amplified, different
sequencing reaction starts from the same primer, AtLB3. It will give mixed
up results from different pcr products but in a single chromatogram file.
How can we separate these? Any specific program to separate one another? Any
advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in

Best regards,
Ji Hoon Ahn, PhD
Assistant Professor
Lab of Plant Developmental Molecular Genetics
Graduate School of Biotechnology,
Korea University
Anam dong 5 ga, Seongbuk-Gu,
Seoul, 136-701