Evolutionary Genomics--UNC-Chapel Hill

Jeff Dangl dangl at email.unc.edu
Tue Nov 12 13:12:42 EST 2002

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to request your assistance in identifying qualified
candidates for a position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level
that we are currently recruiting at the University of North Carolina.
We are searching broadly in the area of Evolutionary / Ecological
Genetics.  We especially encourage applications from those who use
molecular genetic and genomic approaches to study the genetic bases of
complex traits that are relevant to ecology or evolution. This position
will be in the Department of Biology, and the successful candidate will
also be a member of the Carolina Center for Genome Sciences (CCGS).  I
would greatly appreciate your bringing this position to the attention of
exceptional candidates.

  The Department of Biology has over 40 faculty who span the entire scope
of modern biology.  Our department is committed to maintaining an
intellectually diverse and broad-based community of scientists.
Additional information concerning our department can be found at:
www.bio.unc.edu.  The CCGS is a multi-School initiative that will lead
to 40 new faculty in Genome Sciences, Genetics, and Bioinformatics at
UNC-CH.  Roughly half of these have been filled in the last two years.
Of particular interest for this position are ongoing searches in the
Department of Genetics (in the School of Medicine) to hire several
faculty working on the genomics of complex human traits.  Additional
information concerning the CCGS can be found at:
http://genomics.unc.edu/flash/index_flash.htm.

TEXT OF JOB AD

EVOLUTIONARY GENETICS
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

The Department of Biology (http://www.bio.unc.edu/) and the Carolina
Center
for Genomic Sciences (http://genomics.unc.edu/flash/index_flash.htm)
seek a
tenure-track ASSISTANT or ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR in Evolutionary /
Ecological
Genetics.  We especially encourage applications from those who use
molecular
genetic and genomic approaches to study the genetic bases of complex
traits
that are relevant to ecology or evolution.  Applicants should submit (1)
curriculum vitae, (2) copies of significant publications, (3) a
description
of current and future research, and (4) a summary of teaching interests
and
experience.  Applicants should also arrange to have four letters of
recommendation sent to: David Pfennig, Chair, Evolutionary Genetics
Committee, Department of Biology, CB#3280, Coker Hall, University of
North
Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 USA.  Closing date: open until filled,
but
all application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be
postmarked by January 10, 2003, to be assured full consideration.

The University of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action
Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Dangl