Faculty position at U.Texas at Austin

Karen Browning kbrowning at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 25 16:26:39 EST 2002

FACULTY POSITION IN PLANT MOLECULAR GENETICS

The <http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/mcdb/>Section of Molecular Cell and
Developmental Biology at The University of Texas at Austin invites
applications for a tenure track position in plant molecular genetics.
We are especially interested in applicants who use molecular genetic
approaches to investigate important problems in plant cell and
developmental biology. We will consider applications at all ranks;
however, we prefer to fill this position at the Assistant Professor
level. The successful candidate will also be eligible for affiliation
with the <http://www.icmb.utexas.edu/>Institute for Cellular and
Molecular Biology, which provides state-of-the-art facilities and
supports an excellent
<http://www.esb.utexas.edu/molbio/index.html>graduate program. The
molecular biology community at<http://www.utexas.edu/> UT Austin is
in an exciting growth phase with recent hires in cell biology,
developmental biology, genomics and related areas.

Applications will be considered  until January 1, 2003 or a suitable
candidate is selected. Applicants should send their curriculum vitae,
statement of research and teaching interests, representative
publications, as well as the names and contact information of at
least three reviewers to:

Dr. Stan Roux
Chairman, Search Committee
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology
The University of Texas
BIO 311, 205W 24th St
1 University Station A6700
Austin, TX 78712-0183.