Arabidopsis thaliana spy mutants

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 15 05:14:06 EST 2002

<x-charset koi8-r>
Dear All

I have the mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana (we call it spy 2) which
has light-green leaves, high elongation of stem like constitutive
GA-response mutant, spy-1. According to Jacobsen S.E., Olszewski N.
E., 1993, spy-1 mutant is characterized by increasing resistance to
inhibitor of GA biosynthesis, paclobutrazol (pcb), compared with
ecotype Columbia.
However, when I compared the resistance of my mutant and spy-1 mutant
to pcb, the resistance of spy-1 mutant was not differed from ecotype
Columbia. I dissolved pcb  in ethanol, but authors dissolved pcb in
acetone. I would like to know, if the differences in results could be
due to the type of solvent?

Thanks you in advance

Sincerely yours,
Olga