fast neutron mutagenesis of Arabidopsis seed

Franklin G. Harmon fgharmon at scripps.edu
Mon Apr 14 20:35:06 EST 2003

<x-flowed>Dear colleagues,
I am interested in irradiating Arabidopsis seed with fast neutrons to
induce large (>5 kbp) deletions. I may have found a facility to perform the
treatment but, to be sure, I need to find a specific description of the
necessary neutron beam, treatment dose, and the proper method for
irradiation.  Does anyone have experience with this type of mutagenesis or
have a detailed protocol for fast neutron mutagenesis of Arabidopsis
seed?  I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank you,
Frank Harmon

---

</x-flowed>