Best annotated Arabidopsis genome?

Morten Lindow morten at binf.ku.dk
Wed Apr 23 09:27:03 EST 2003

<x-flowed>Hi there,

I am in need of the best annotated version of the Arabidopsis genome,
but I am not sure where to go. Perhaps one of you can point me in the
right direction?

Most important to me is the correct annotation of gene structure,
start/stop of transcripts/exons/introns. But things such as repeats
would also be nice.

So far I have found two versions: GenBank at NCBI and TIGR's assembly.

Are they identical? If not: which is the better one?

TIGR's version is only available in XML-format, which I am currently
unequipped to process, is anyone aware of a XML to GenBank/EMBL converter?

cheers,

--
Morten Lindow
University of Copenhagen