How to shear genomic DNA in a large scale?

Ji Hoon Ahn jahn at korea.ac.kr
Wed Aug 13 05:34:54 EST 2003

Dear Arabidopsis researchers,

My lab is interested in a protocol to shear Arabidopsis genomic DNA in a
large scale. It would be like shearing genomic DNA using "Hydroshear" but we
are intereted in doing that in a large scale. We are currently trying to use
1) mild DNAse treatment and 2) sonification, which didn't work very well. Is
there anyone who has tried the experiments or similar ones?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

--
Ji Hoon Ahn, PhD