Summary Gateway RNAi survey

Minsoo Yoon yoon at rsbs.anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 13 20:53:21 EST 2003

I have also used some RNAi vectors, including my own, similar to
Inze's or Waterhouse's, which are  based on the Gateway technology .
In general they worked fine but results varied depending on targets.

I think I would have had similar results even if traditional cut and
paste ligation had been used to clone those constructs.

It should be noted that the main purpose of RNAi vector is to save
time and labor to clone the hairpin constructs.  Achieving gene
silencing using those hairpin clones is a different problem and
depends on each application.

-Minsoo