Symposium in Plant Biology - Sat. October 4

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Aug 27 14:23:41 EST 2003

Dear colleague,

This is the second announcement of the Symposium in Plant Biology
sponsored by the Plant Biology Graduate Program at the University of
Massachusetts Amherst and the Five College Consortium to be held on
Saturday, October 4, 2003. We apologize for any duplicate email
messages but wanted to make sure that a broad group of members from
the plant community received information about the event.

The symposium will feature a daylong program of speakers, along with
a poster session featuring contributions from attendees. The theme
for our inaugural event is =ECCellular Signaling in Growth and
Development=EE. The presenters will be Joanne Chory from the Salk
Institute, June Nasrallah from Cornell, Peter Quail from Berkeley,
Sally Assmann from Penn State, Nam-Hai Chua from Rockefeller
University and Peter Hepler from UMass Amherst. A full schedule of
the day=EDs events is attached to this message.

The symposium will be held on the campus of Smith College in
Northampton, MA. Registration is free of charge, and we strongly
encourage undergraduate and graduate students to attend and present
posters. Please visit
http://www.bio.umass.edu/plantbio/symposium03.html
for more information and a registration form.  You also will find
information on local accommodations if you choose to stay overnight
before or after the symposium.  The deadline for registration is
September 12, 2003.

Please, mark your calendars and take a moment to register.  We look
forward to seeing you in October.

Danny Schnell and Alice Cheung
Symposium organizers

_____________________________