NAASC Nominations needed by February 1

Rebecca Joy rejoy at biotech.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 15 13:56:04 EST 2003

<x-rich>Dear North American Arabidopsis Researchers,

We are soliciting nominations for the election of two new members to
the North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC), to replace
Peter McCourt and Michael Sussman, who will finish their three+ year
terms of service on June 24, 2003.  Continuing members are Bonnie
Bartel and Eric Richards, who are completing their second years, and
Greg Copenhaver and Brenda Winkel-Shirley, who were elected last year.

Information about the roles and history of the NAASC can be found at:
http://www.arabidopsis.org/info/2010_projects/NAASC_Info.html

Any North American reader of the Arabidopsis newsgroup
(arab-gen at net.bio.net, http://www.bio.net/hypermail/ARABIDOPSIS/) may
nominate a candidate for the NAASC.  <bold>This year, we request that
nominations be made on or before February 1st</bold>.

To nominate one or more candidates, you can reply to this message, or
send an email to rejoy at biotech.wisc.edu with the words "NAASC
Nominations" somewhere in the subject line. Nominees will be contacted
by the NAASC to ensure that they are willing to serve if elected. A
ballot of such nominees will be sent out via the newsgroup as soon as
this is accomplished and all readers of the newsgroup may vote. The
two candidates obtaining the most votes will become the new members of
the NAASC.

Thank you all in advance for your prompt nominations!

Sincerely,

Rebecca Joy for the NAASC:

Peter McCourt

Mike Sussman

Bonnie Bartel

Eric Richards

Greg Copenhaver

Brenda Winkel-Shirley

Rebecca Joy, Ph.D.

Executive Secretary and Coordinator,

Multinational Arabidopsis Steering Committee (MASC)

425 Henry Mall

Madison, WI 53706

608/265-0796

FAX 608/262-6748