Lee Hunt lee.hunt at which.net
Thu Jul 10 15:28:17 EST 2003

Thanks to those who replied to my query. It seems many of you are
attemping this at the moment but haven't got any data yet.
Several reported reducing levels of many members of gene families by
choosing short conserved regions, but the 3 genes I'm interested in
probably aren't conserved well enough to do this( I think it needs
about 85% homology). I did find this paper though, which I would
assume  would work for RNAi as well
" Simultaneous Suppression of Multiple Genes by Single Transgenes.
Down-Regulation of Three Unrelated Lignin Biosynthetic Genes in
Tobacco  Plant Physiol. 128: 844-853;2002"
So I will not only try with two or three unrelated sequences on one
vector, but also attempt it with  Chua's inducible RNAi construct.
Wish me luck!
Lee Hunt
University of Sheffield