Clearification on: Be careful to use Arabidopsis Insertion Database

Chunxin Wang cxwang at wam.umd.edu
Mon May 5 15:56:08 EST 2003

Dear Colleagues,

Previously I sent out a warning that you have to be careful to use
Arabidopsis Insertion Database (http://atidb.cshl.org/index.html). Then I
got several email that people are confused by my message. I'd like to
apologize if my mail have brought some troubles to you.

You should notice that there are several insertion databases and they are
trying to integrate all the information together. The problem I had is
that when I ordered Salk insertion lines based on the information from
http://atidb.cshl.org/index.html (I believe this database is run by Cold
Spring Harbor) I got wrong lines. However, the SIGnAl T-DNA Express
database (which is run by Salk Institute) is providing the correct
information. Unfortunately, I failed to check both databases before I
made my order.

I just got email from "atidb.cshl.org" that there was a bug in their
annotation system and they just fixed it and are updating the correct
annotation information.

Black