Faculty Position in Plant Developmental Biology

John C. Walker walkerj at missouri.edu
Wed Nov 19 11:23:10 EST 2003

Dear Colleagues,

The deadline for reviewing applications for this position has been
extended to December 15, 2003.

Assistant or Associate Professor

PLANT  DEVELOPMENTAL  BIOLOGY

Division of Biological Sciences
University of Missouri-Columbia

The Division of Biological Sciences (www.biology.missouri.edu) at the
University of Missouri-Columbia invites applications for a
tenure-track assistant or associate professor in plant developmental
biology.  Candidates should use state-of-the-art cellular, molecular,
genetic, and/or systems approaches to understand mechanisms that
regulate the development of plants.  The successful candidate will
establish an active research program complementing departmental
programs in developmental biology, genetics and functional
genomics/proteomics.  MU also features strong interdisciplinary
programs in Plant Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Physiology
(www.plantgroup.org), Molecular Biology, Genetics, and a new Life
Sciences initiative (http://lifesciences.missouri.edu/).

We offer highly competitive salaries, generous start-up packages,
modern research laboratories and support facilities, an active
graduate program with institutional support for students and
postdoctoral associates, and a highly interactive faculty.  Columbia,
Missouri is an attractive, progressive city with an excellent school
system.  We are firmly committed to fostering ethnic, racial, and
gender diversity on our faculty and thus strongly en-courage
applications from women and members of groups underrepresented in
science.

Applications should be sent by e-mail to: pltdev at missouri.edu.
Attach to the e-mail a single PDF document that includes your vita
and a statement of your research and teaching interests. Three
letters of reference should be mailed to: John David, Chair, Division
of Biological Sciences, 105 Tucker Hall, University of
Missouri-Columbia, Columbia MO 65211-7400.  The review of
applications will begin on December 15, 2003 and continue until the
position is filled.

MU is an Equal Opportunity--Affirmative Action Employer.  To request
ADA accommodations contact Robin Brueckner at 573-882-6650 or by
e-mail at bruecknerr at missouri.edu.