Faculty Positions

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Oct 3 21:29:21 EST 2003

=C5 at Faculty Positions

=C5@=C5 at The Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese
Academy of Sciences (CAS), has multiple full-time faculty positions
at the Investigator (Professor) level. Outstanding candidates with
research interests in the broad areas of genetics and developmental
biology are encouraged to apply. We are interested in scientists who
are using any major model systems (mouse, Drosophila, C. elegans,
zebrafish, Arabidopsis, rice and yeast) to address fundamental
questions in biological sciences. In addition, two openings for a
bioinformatics scientist and a protein chemist are also available.
Applicants for the protein chemist position must have demonstrated
experiences in mass spectrometry- and/or chromatography-based
methodology. All applicants must have a Ph.D. or M.D. degree along
with postdoctoral training. Demonstrated research experiences and
outstanding publication records are essential for the successful
candidates, who are expected to establish strong and independent
research programs.
=C5@=C5 at The Institute has a strong commitment to life science research,
and is located in the CAS Olympic Life Science Park (next to the
National Olympic Center) in a highly interactive scientific
environment along with four other Institutes of life sciences. The
Institute currently has 36 laboratories, and more than half of PIs
are recruited from the United States, Europe and Japan in recent
years. Our Core Facility is equipped with state-of-the-art
equipments, including those for high throughput genomic and proteomic
studies. A detailed description of the Institute can be found in our
website: <http://www.genetics.ac.cn./>http://www.genetics.ac.cn.
=C5@=C5 at We offer competitive startup package under the CAS Young Talent
Program (Bai Ren Ji Hua) and internal funding from the Institute as
well (The Chinese citizenship is required for the CAS Young Talent
Program). The Institute provides excellent benefit package.
=C5@=C5 at Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum
vitae, a statement of research experiences and interests as well as
names and contact information of three referees to:
=C5@=C5@
=C5@=C5 at Dr. Jian Zhang
=C5@=C5 at Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology
=C5@=C5 at Chinese Academy of Sciences