project for marie curie fellowship

Benedikt Kost bkost at hip.uni-hd.de
Thu Oct 23 13:16:09 EST 2003

<x-charset iso-8859-1>We are seeking talented researchers (should
have a PhD degree, or receive
one no later than October 2004) interested in applying for a Marie Curie
Fellowship (MCF; http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/fp6/mariecurie-actions)
to work with us on the identification and characterization of A. thaliana
T-DNA insertion mutants that are defective in pollen tube growth or
guidance. Successful applicants will contribute to the screening of
mutagenized lines that are constantly generated in our lab, as well as to
the detailed investigation of defects in mutants isolated in previous
screens.

Applicants must not have lived in Germany for more than 12 months during the
past three years. MCFs are highly prestigious and extraordinarily well
funded fellowships, which may be granted for two years. The next application
deadline is February 18, 2004. We will provide assistance with the writing
of a grant proposal. In case of a successful application, applicants will
become members of a young research team that is well equipped for cell
biological and molecular biological work, and that investigates regulatory
mechanism controlling polar plant cell growth using pollen tubes as a model
system.

For additional information, please contact:

Benedikt Kost, PhD
Heidelberger Institute for Plant Sciences (HIP)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 360
69120 Heidelberg
Germany

+49 (0) 6221 54 5788 (tel)