Postdoctoral Position in Plant Defense Gene Regulation

Thomas Eulgem thomas.eulgem at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 16 21:08:36 EST 2003

Postdoctoral Position in Plant Defense Gene Regulation

Center for Plant Cell Biology (CEPCEB)
University of California, Riverside, CA

A postdoctoral position is available to study molecular mechanisms
controlling defense genes in Arabidopsis. The successful candidate will
combine contemporary methods of functional genomics with standard molecular
biological techniques to identify novel cis-elements and transcription
factors of the plant immune system. Candidates should be highly motivated
and have a strong background in molecular biology/genetics. In particular
candidates with experience in methods of promoter analysis (e.g. EMSA) and
DNA binding factor-screening techniques (yeast one hybrid system or south
western screens) are encouraged to apply. Experience with Arabidopsis and
plant pathology would be preferable but is not essential. Our laboratory is
part of the Center for Plant Cell Biology  (http://www.cepceb.ucr.edu/) of
UCR that is equipped with state-of-art microscopy, proteomics, genomics and
bioinformatics facilities.

Please send a letter of interest, your CV, and the names and contact
information for three references to
Dr. Thomas Eulgem
Center for Plant Cell Biology and Department of Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California
Riverside, CA 92521
phone: 909-782-7740;
fax: 909-787-4437;
email: thomas.eulgem at ucr.edu

or contact me to request more information.

The University of California is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer.