First release of gene annotations for Arabidopsis, rice and maize

Katica Ilic katica at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Dec 17 18:10:06 EST 2004

The Plant Ontology Consortium is pleased to announce the first release of
gene annotations for Arabidopsis, rice and maize associated to the Plant
Structure Ontology terms. Over 3,000 gene annotations from three
species-specific databases, TAIR, Gramene and MaizeGDB, can now be queried
and retrieved using our ontology browser, the Plant Ontology AmiGO. You
can perform searches using plant ontology terms and gene symbols;
filtering options allow you to retrieve annotations for all or a subset of
species (for details, please see the AmiGO Help document).

We hope the plant research community will benefit from using this
resource. Please fell free to contact us with additional requests for
on-line help with browser and information about the plant ontologies and
annotations (po at plantontology.org).

Best Regards,

Plant Ontology Consortium

Katica Ilic             		katica at acoma.stanford.edu
The Arabidopsis Information Resource 	Tel: (650) 325-1521 ext. 253
Carnegie Institution of Washington 	FAX: (650) 325-6857
Department of Plant Biology 		URL: http://arabidopsis.org/
260 Panama St.
Stanford, CA 94305
U.S.A.