Multinational Arabidopsis Steering Committee

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 05:05:33 EST 2004

Dear Members of the International Arabidopsis Research Community,

In conjunction with the 14th International Conference on Arabidopsis
Research held last summer in Madison, USA, the Multinational
Arabidopsis Steering Committee (MASC) held its annual business
meeting.  With this letter sent to every member of the Arabidopsis
Research Community we want to explain the purpose of the MASC and
invite everyone to make use of the resources we are making available.

The MASC is a committee made up of Arabidopsis researchers from 14
countries around the world where Arabidopsis Functional Genomics
Research is taking place.  Membership on the committee is determined
by the countries represented, and is open to any country or group of
countries that desires representation.
The goals and specific responsibilities of the MASC are:
*	To coordinate programmatic aspects of the Arabidopsis
research world-wide
*	To facilitate open communication and free exchange of data,
materials and ideas among the Arabidopsis research community
*	To monitor and summarize progress of scientific activities of
participating laboratories
*	To identify needs and opportunities of the Arabidopsis
research community and communicate them to funding agencies of
participating nations
*	To periodically update and adjust the course of the
=46unctional Genomics Project