Plant transformation vector with 9 myc tag.

Hai Li haili at salk.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:33:40 EST 2004

Dear Colleagues:

We are pleased to announce the release of this plant transformation
vector, pKYLX-myc9-loxP, to the ABRC at Ohio State University.

The vector, used in recent paper from our lab (Guo, H., and Ecker,
J.R. (2003). Plant responses to ethylene gas are mediated by
SCF(EBF1/EBF2)-dependent proteolysis of EIN3 transcription factor.
Cell 115, 667-677.) can be recombined  in vitro to rapidly create
myc fusions  to any of the 12000 SSP ORFs (http:/signal.salk.edu), by
using Cre Recombinase.

A variety of other vectors for 2-hyb,  GST- and His-tag in E.  coli,
as well as HA, Flag tag etc. are  available from Dr. Steve Elledge
Lab (selledge at genetics.med.harvard.edu) with no MTA need.  In
addition, a GST-CRE plasmid  is also  available to  make a life time
supply of the Cre Recombinase enzyme in a 1 step purification method.

Please contact ABRC at Ohio State University for the pKYLX-myc9-loxp
plasmid and its map.

Hai Li, Ph.D.
Joseph R. Ecker Lab
Plant Biology Laboratory