Job Ad

Rick Kesseli rick.kesseli at umb.edu
Fri Jul 9 14:12:00 EST 2004

Post-doctoral fellow in molecular genetics

We are part of a multi-university genomics project focused on species
in the Sunflower family.  We aim to characterize genes involved in
the domestication of crops and the evolution of weediness in the
family.  Work will include DNA sequence analysis, single nucleotide
polymorphism (SNP) development, comparative genomics, mapping and
synteny studies using information from Arabidopsis and other taxa,
expression studies and studies of molecular evolution.  We are
looking for a post-doctoral fellow who can contribute to these
efforts.

Contact:

Dr. Rick Kesseli
Biology Department