Arabidopsis query

Sadaf Khan sadafpbs at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 13:22:26 EST 2004

Note: forwarded message attached.

Sadaf Khan (Graduate student),
Dr. Julie M. Stone's lab,
N228, Beadle Center,
Dept. of Biochemistry,
Univ. of Nebraska,
19th & VIne St.,
Lincoln, NE- 68588,
Ph. No. - (402)-472 3028.

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/50x/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/efficiency.html>Yahoo!
Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:36:51 -0500
From: Vibha Srivastava <vibhas at uark.edu>
Subject: Arabidopsis query
To: sadafpbs at yahoo.com

A couple of years ago I needed similar information.  The
monochromatic light sources (LED) are available from Quantum devices
and the whole set up can be purchased from Percival.  But they are
very expensive.  If you are planning on setting up a short term and
cheap set up, you might just want to put special lights in a small
growth chamber.  That is what I do.  I have purchased FR lights from
Interelectric corporation and fitted in a small Conviron chamber, put
blue and red filters to make sure that we get narrow range in FR
spectrum.  If you are interested in this kind of FR set up, I can
provide more info.  But if you are interested in diode monochromatic
source, then look up Quantum devices and Percival.  Good luck!

Hi All,
Can someone provide me information on the light bulbs
for experiments with far red, red & monochromatic
light . Also any help regarding information about the
company/ catalogue numbers etc. is welcome.
Thanks.
=====