Postdoctoral position

Karen Schumaker schumake at Ag.arizona.edu
Mon Jul 19 18:52:26 EST 2004

A postdoctoral associate position is available as part of a project
funded by the Department of Energy to study environmental stress
perception and signal transduction in Arabidopsis (JBC, 2004, 297:
207-215; Plant Physiol. 2003, 132: 1041-1052; PNAS, 2002, 99:
8436-8441).  A major focus of our work is the dissection of the
Salt-Overly-Sensitive (SOS) signaling pathway that regulates
intracellular sodium ion homeostasis and salt tolerance in
Arabidopsis.  Our current studies are determining the molecular
mechanisms regulating the activities of the SOS pathway components
and identifying additional SOS pathway targets.  We are looking for a
highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. degree and with the
demonstrated ability to carry out outstanding research in the fields
of plant biology, genetics, or related disciplines.  Proven
experience with molecular biology techniques and demonstrated skills
in written and oral communication are essential qualifications.
 Ability to interact and work collaboratively with others is also
critical.  Position is available September 1, 2004.  To Apply: Send
curriculum vitae and the names and contact information (address,
phone, fax and e-mail) for three references to Karen Schumaker,
Ph.D., Dept. of Plant Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson,
Arizona 85721-0036, 520-621-9635, FAX 520-621-7186,
<mailto:schumake at ag.arizona.edu>schumake at ag.arizona.edu. The
University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer-M/W/D/V.

Karen S. Schumaker
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721