tobacco leaf disk transformation: BASTA selection

Benedikt Kost bkost at hip.uni-hd.de
Mon Jul 26 02:28:54 EST 2004

Please excuse a non-Arabidopsis question (I am having a hard time
finding the info I am looking for in the literature):

I would appreciate very much if someone could let me know a selection
scheme for BASTA resistance that works well with Agrobacterium
mediated tobacco (N. tabacum SR1) leaf disk transformation (PPT vs
BASTA vs ?, concentration levels that ensure tight selection without
affecting regeneration).

Thank you very much for any help,

Benedikt Kost

Benedikt Kost, PhD
Heidelberger Institute for Plant Sciences (HIP)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 360
69120 Heidelberg
Germany

+49 (0) 6221 54 5788 (tel)