Protocol on staining Lateral root Primordia

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Sat Jun 5 15:33:28 EST 2004

Hi all!!!!

I am looking for a protocol to stain only the
different stages of Lateral root primordia on
arabidopsis. Until now I am using the following
protocol: "Perhaps you can fix roots in 70% ethyl
alcohol,then stain them in 1%=DDsafranin disolved=DD in
50% ethyl alcohol for a few hours or longer then
remove excess stain in 50% ethyl alcohol until only
the lateral root primordia are still stained and then
clear the roots in lactic acid (concentrated) for a
few days=DDand mount them in lactic acid" and the
problem that i have is the stain is not fix on Lateral
root primordia. Instead to fix on ethanol at 70% now I
am using Acetic Acid glacial: Ethanol (1:3) but there
is no improvement.

Does anybody knows that other protocol that I could
try? or any suggestion is more than welcome

thanks in advance and have a nice week

Gaston