growth chambers

Lynne Reuber lreuber at MendelBio.COM
Fri Mar 5 20:29:49 EST 2004

<x-flowed>Thanks to all who replied to my queries about their experiences with
different growth chambers.  In general, there seem to be a lot of happy
chamber users out there--I didn't hear many complaints about particular
models.  A quick summary:

Convirons:  A lot of Conviron fans out there.  The E7/2 model was mentioned
several times.

Percivals:  A couple of complaints, but several people wrote to say that
they had good results with AR or CU series chambers (and one with I series
incubators). However, at least one respondent specifically preferred
Convirons over Percivals.

Others:
Enconair BigFoot chambers got a good rating from one user for space
efficiency and competitive pricing.

One scientist used Sanyo incubators with self-installed lights.

EGC growth rooms received a recommendation.

Lynne Reuber
Director of Research
Mendel Biotechnology
21375 Cabot Blvd.