Expression Profiles among tissues

RA Savidge savidge at unb.ca
Fri Mar 12 14:19:53 EST 2004

Dear Motoaki,
in my view any control should consist solely of the cells of the
species under investigation.  Our tissue culture research has
revealed that the only tissues in the plant free of contaminating
microorganisms are the meristems.  Of those, cambium is the most
abundant and can be readily obtained, even from the base of the
inflorescence stem of Arabidopsis.  Pith parenchyma would be my
second choice; however, only very young pith seems to be free of
microbes; after the first year bacteria evidently enter through leaf
scars and become incorporated into it.  hope this is of some help.
Rod