EHA 105

Dr. Klaus Eimert eimert at web.de
Tue Mar 23 03:37:47 EST 2004

vipinkumarmenon at yahoo.com (vipin) wrote in
news:cbd01956.0403200946.67736433 at posting.google.com:

>  hello,
>
>      i am doing transformation using agrobacterium strain EHA 105 and
>  would like to know the charecteristics of this particular strain, it
>  would be really helpful.
>
>         i have just a few more days to submit my thesis hence it would
>  be great if i could get the reply soon
>  ---

Hi,

EHA105: disarmed Ti-plasmid pTiEHA105 (derivative of hypervirulent
pTiBo542, agropine type) in Agrobacterium strain A136; Rifampicin -
resistent (100 mg/l);
Also check: Li et al. (1992). Factors influencing Agrobacterium-mediated
transient expression of gusA in rice. Plant Mol. Biol. 20, 1037-1048.

Hope that helps - but shouldn't you check those things _before_ working
with this strain ;-)

Cheers,

Klaus