positions available

Jin, Wendy wjin at VECTOB.COM
Fri May 7 11:21:05 EST 2004

Vector Research, Ltd. is a research and development company based in
Durham, North Carolina.  Our mission is to develop smoking products
with science-based reductions in certain harmful elements.  We
partner with the highly experienced tobacco management team of
Liggett-Vector Brands for the manufacture and marketing of these
products.  We seek individuals with exceptional creativity,
motivation and scientific abilities to join us in this challenging
and exciting opportunity.

Research associate/assistant positions

Research associates will work in a multidisciplinary team, providing
molecular biology expertise. Qualified candidates should possess an
M. S. degree in biology/molecular biology or related fields and have
two to five years' laboratory experience emphasizing molecular
biology.  Expertise in the following areas: gene cloning, construct
design and construction, PCR methods, Southern and Northern blots.  A
background in application of recombinant nucleic acid techniques in
plants is preferred.  Qualified applicants must be able to provide
technical expertise and intellectual support to meet technically
challenging program objectives and to assist in developing new
research projects. Candidates must possess accurate oral and written
communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, basic computer
skills, and the ability to independently perform assigned duties in
varied environments including the laboratory and greenhouse.   The
candidates must also have the ability to work well in a team-based
environment.

We offer competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and the
opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding
work environment.  To become part of a dynamic organization, please
forward or fax your resume, salary history requirements, and
references to: Dr. Wendy Jin, Vector Research, 710 West Main St.
Durham, NC 27701, fax: 919-683-8966 or email to wjin at vectob.com.