Faculty Position Open-University of Washington, Seattle

KEIKO TORII ktorii at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 2 16:57:56 EST 2004

Dear all:

We have a tenure-track faculty position open for plant functional
biology.  We seek biologists who study cellular, developmental,
biochemical, and/or physiological mechanism of plant function.  We
highly encourage application of scientists using the model system(s).
Existing faculty members in the related field include: Dr. Luca Comai
(Plant Genetics/Polyploidy/TILLING), Dr. Liz van Volkenburgh (Leaf
Growth/Electrophysiology), Dr. Dina Mandoli (Acetabularia
Morphogenesis), and myself (Keiko Torii; Receptor-kinase
signaling/Plant organ growth). Please spread word to your colleagues.
Thanks!

====================

Faculty Positions
University of Washington

The Department of Biology seeks applications for two tenure-track
faculty positions at the Assistant Professor rank. In exceptional
circumstances, appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor
level may be considered for candidates who have demonstrated a
commitment to mentoring underrepresented students in the sciences.
Successful candidates should have completed at least one year of
postdoctoral experience and will be expected to contribute to
undergraduate and graduate teaching and to maintain an innovative and
externally-funded research program.  Send curriculum vitae, a
description of research and teaching interests, reprints of three
recent publications, and three letters of reference to the
appropriate address below.

FIELD ECOLOGY
We seek applicants whose ecological research involves organisms in
natural environments and includes a significant field component.
Send application to:  Field Ecology Search Committee, Department of
Biology, Box 351800, University of Washington, Seattle, WA  98195.

PLANT FUNCTIONAL BIOLOGY
We seek applicants investigating biochemical, cellular,
developmental, or physiological mechanisms of plant function. Send
application to:  Plant Biology Search Committee, Department of
Biology, Box 351800 University of Washington, Seattle, WA  98195.

Priority will be given to applications received before October 22,
2004. The University of Washington is building a culturally diverse
faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and minority
candidates. The University of Washington is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Keiko U. Torii, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Hitchcock Hall 544		Phone: (206)221-5701
Department of Biology		Fax:   (206)685-1728
University of Washington	e-mail:ktorii at u.washington.edu
Box. 355325
Seattle, WA 98195-5325

http://faculty.washington.edu/ktorii