Faculty position in Cell Signaling

Ramesh Raina raraina at syr.edu
Fri Sep 3 11:57:30 EST 2004

Syracuse University
Department of Biology

Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Cell Signaling/Cell Regulation

The Department of Biology at Syracuse University invites applications for a
tenure-track position (Assistant to Full Professor) to be filled by August
2005.  The successful candidate will have, or will develop, a strong,
extramurally-funded research program which addresses cell signaling/cell
regulation issues utilizing animal, plant or microbial models.  We
particularly seek an individual using a biochemical and/or a genetic
approach to address cell signaling/regulation questions.  The Department and
the University place a high priority on teaching.  The successful candidate
will be expected to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate
levels.

The Department of Biology is in the midst of an exciting growth period,
having hired seven new faculty in the past four years.  We expect to hire
6-10 more new faculty over the next five years. Additionally, the Biology,
Chemistry and Physics Departments at Syracuse University are undertaking a
joint initiative to develop a strong interactive cell signaling/regulation
group possessing the breadth of experimental approaches and expertise
necessary for research success.  Information about this interdepartmental
initiative can be found at: http://cell-signaling.syr.edu
<http://cell-signaling.syr.edu/> .  Ample opportunities for research
collaboration exist within Syracuse University as well as at the State
University of New York-Upstate Medical University, located just two blocks
from the Syracuse University Biology Department and the State University of
New York Environmental Science & Forestry, located immediately adjacent to
the Syracuse University campus. Specific information about our department
and current Biology faculty research programs are found on our website:

http://biology.syr.edu/facultyresearch/facultyresearch.html

To apply, send a curriculum vita, a description of past research
accomplishments, a clearly focused description of your future research goals
and a statement of teaching interests.  We also request that applicants have
at least three letters of reference sent directly to the address below.
Please include the name, address, phone number and e-mail address of each of
your references.  We invite applicants to submit their materials
electronically as a single PDF file to: biosearch at cas.syr.edu and  to urge
their reference letter writers to likewise submit their letters
electronically to the above address.  The position will be open until
filled, but to assure your application receives full consideration, all
necessary materials should be submitted by October 15, 2004.

Applications and reference letters should be addressed to:

Gerda E. Breitwieser, Ph.D., Cell Signaling Faculty Search
Department of Biology
108 College Place
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244

Syracuse University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with
a strong commitment to equality of opportunity and a diverse workforce.

Dr. Ramesh Raina
Associate Professor
Biology Department
601A Biological Research Labs